We would like to thank all of our sponsors for their continued support in pursuing our mission and realizing our vision. Their contributions and commitment to enrichment of the student experience are immensely valued and acknowledged by our team.
Interested in sponsoring us? Check out our Sponsorship Package!
- Characterize each propeller’s thrust efficiency (thrust/electric power).
- Determine how the battery voltage, thrust, electrical power, and RPM changed over 90 seconds when drawing 450 W (a typical flight attempt is 60 seconds).
- Measure the motor efficiency at our expected operating points
- Determining the thrust each propeller generates when drawing 450W of power or less, and the maximum power each propeller draws at full throttle.
- Determining which propeller produced more thrust with the same electrical power input.
- Quantifying the decrease in battery voltage, power and thrust we can expect with time.
- Identifying the discrepancy between the propeller manufacturer’s reported values and the experimental results.
Deep Rajani – VP Finance & Aerodynamics Team Lead (Author)
Daniel Kichma – Propulsion Team Lead (Author)
Ejouan Agena – Senior Design Team Member
Mckenna Warawa – Design Team Member
Michael Caulfield – Design Team Member
SAE Aero Design Team